Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Einstein

"It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure." -- Albert Einstein

God doesn't play dice.-- Albert Einstein

I love the quotes of Einstein when I was about 13 a book of his quotes fell into my lap. Well, I somehow came across it at the library. (I always had 5 or more books out from the library and weekly changed them)

What I like about Einstein is he was one very smart scientist, but still fully human. He wasn't some workaholic who couldn't have friends or a good time. He had a sense humour, played the violin and enjoyed life. He also was involved in charity organizations and also politically eg nuclear weapons and restrictions on their use. Also he had a belief in God.

I just read the first quote and it describes me a little at the moment. I want to get all the facts see everything nicely presented. If there isn't evidence to back something up then it isn't real/true. But you can lose the overall picture of what you looking at.

For example at the moment I'm trying to get a better understanding of the Bible. But I've already hit the first big stumbling stone. Creation/evolution but the important thing I think is to keep the overall picture in mind. Which is somehow by some means God created the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home